Turkish Aerospace Student Project Teams Support Program is implemented to support the technology-oriented R&D and innovation project proposals of university student project teams through the budget and industry consultancy.
Student project teams that will implement a project are expected to be affiliated with a Student Society established within the university and engaged in the subject matter of the project.
- Project Proposal Form
- Society Introduction File: To evaluate the compliance of the proposed project with the society’s works, a document is expected to submitted which contains its areas of engagement, mission, vision, past track/projects etc.
- Rectorate Approval Letter: A letter is required which includes the Student Society President and the Student Society Academic Advisor information and states that the society is validly established and existing in the university.
- An Official Document Evidencing that the Students in the Project Teams are the Members of the concerned Student Society
- Resumes of the Students in the Project Team
- Transcripts of the Students in the Project Team
The Project Academic Advisor (Project Coordinator) must send the Project Proposal Form containing the project application to email@example.com only in November or February.
- Student project teams that will apply must be affiliated with a Student Society established within the university and engaged in the subject matter of the project.
- The project must include at least one undergraduate, one graduate and a Project Advisor (Project Coordinator). Only students affiliated with the concerned Student Society must be in the project team.
- The project teams must include at least five students.
- If the application is for Turkish Aerospace sponsorship for the project subject, no previous Turkish Aerospace sponsorship must have been used, or no project outputs from any domestic event that has been /will be sponsored by Turkish Aerospace must be used.
- Applications made beyond the application time and meeting at least one of the following requirements will also be considered:
- At least one student from the project team must have taken part as a project team member in an implemented LIFT UP Industry Focused Undergraduate Study Completion Project
- At least one student from the project team must have taken part in an implemented Turkish Aerospace BAP project
- The arithmetic average of the GPAs of the graduate students in the project team must be at least 3.25 out of 4 or 82.50 out of 100.
- At least one graduate student from the project team must have authored/co-authored and presented a fully published paper at national or international scientific meetings (congress, symposium, workshop, conference etc.)
- At least one student from the project team must have authored/co-authored a paper accepted by/published in a national or international peer-reviewed journal
- At least one student from the project team must have won a degree and received an award at a national or international competition for aviation and space industry
- A competition held abroad for the aviation and space industry must be applied under the project, and the competition must have been held at least four times in the past
- It must be the Student Society of a university that has a Turkish Aerospace office in its campus
- Project’s R&D Quality and Innovative Aspect
- Benefit of the Project to Turkish Aerospace
- Its Potential to Develop Qualified Human Resource
- The Potential to Use the Research Results in Future LIFT UP Industry Focused Undergraduate Study Completion Project / Turkish Aerospace BAP studies
- The project duration is maximum 12 (twelve) months.
- The budget allocated for the project is maximum six times the gross minimum wage including taxes and excluding the agency share. The agency share calculated over the relevant part of the university is done so not to exceed 15% of the total budget excluding the agency share.
- The following items are considered as cost to create the support budget.
- Service Procurement
- Agency Share
A negotiation / start-up meeting is held with the participation of the Project Team (Project Academic Advisor (Project Coordinator) and students), Industry Consultant and other experts involved in the subject where the final project topic and scope is determined to start the projects.